Friday, December 28, 2012

Embracing 2013

I was beginning to worry over the weekend when I still had no clue what my one word for 2013 would be.

I had a good back-up word but it just wasn't the word that called to my heart..."This.  This is what you need to do in 2013."

As I sat quietly in my apartment on Christmas eve I was thinking of how different life can be sometimes and you just have to accept change....

The word embrace came to mind.

Sitting there quietly I began to realize this was my word.



There are several definitions for the word embrace including: accept willingly and to avail oneself to.

2012 was a year of daring to get out of my comfort zone and choose to do brave things.
I want to continue to make those choices.

To embrace a life of living daringly.
To embrace adventure.
To embrace love.
To embrace change.
To embrace the relationships in my life.
To embrace the messy.
To embrace hope.
To embrace MY story.
To embrace the new things He has for me.
To embrace joy.

I have been waiting for the excitement that comes with finding your one word and it is here.

I am ready to embrace 2013 and all it has in store!

Do you have a one word for 2013?  What is it?







Linking up with the OneWord365 community!

6 comments:

  1. Soooo exciting - LOVE your word. Has been SUCH a pleasure to "watch" you grow and live this past year. You are such an inspiration. I've never done "one word" before - if God gives me one, I will. If not? Maybe 2014 :)But I'll be embracing right alongside you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great word!! I found mine, waiting to get home to post it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God gave me a word back in October. I'll be blogging about by the 1st. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am praying about my word. I had Gratitude two years ago, last year I had 'Intentional'... Not sure what I will end up with this year.
    Embrace is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. Embrace. It's really our only choice if we want to live in His joy and trust Him completely. Thank you for your goodness, Christy. I love reading about the new risks you are taking and its so awesome to see you pressing into the cross even that much more.

    And how exciting that Critty Joy has a new home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love how our OneWords seem to flow naturally into one another, from one year to the next? I love this word for you and I love how you said "embrace a life of living daringly." That is exciting!

    ReplyDelete